We pride ourselves on providing expert commercial advice on all aspects of the real estate sector. Key to this is gaining a clear understanding our clients' businesses and goals. We also employ a realistic and transparent approach to fees from the outset of every matter.
“As ever, thank you so much for all your hard work and calm professionalism in this matter - it is a great result for us.”
Mr NT, Company Director
Our principal, Carl Bate, has been working as a specialist property solicitor for over 20 years. He graduated from the College of Law, Guildford, with 1st Class Honours and then joined a niche property firm in the City of London, where he qualified as a solicitor and practised for several years before moving to Brighton to live and work .
Carl’s particular expertise is in property investment and development, including regeneration and major project work, compulsory purchase law, and landlord and tenant work (both commercial and residential).
Over the years he has acted for a very wide range of clients, including investment corporations, major house-builders, port authorities, utility companies, local authorities, banks, pension fund administrators and off-shore trusts. However, equally rewarding is the work carried out on behalf of countless local start-up and small businesses in securing business premises on the right terms, or helping flat tenants collectively purchase the freehold of their building. It's all part of the same day's work and every client can expect the same level of attention and dedicated service.
Some of the transactions that Carl has recently acted in are:
- Sale of a shopping centre in South London for £17 million
- Acting on behalf of a bank in connection with a £14 million re-finance of a borrower's property portfolio
- Purchase of hotel investments from company administrators for a combined price of £4 million on behalf of a private investor
- Acting on behalf of an investment corporation in connection with a £12 million re-finance of its property portfolio to a new lender
- Purchase, letting and re-sale on behalf of an investment corporation of large multi-let office buildings in London, Reading and Chelmsford
- Acting on behalf of a private lender in respect of a property development loan of £5 million
- Development of a retirement/ care village in East Sussex
- Purchase and sale of dozens of HMOs on behalf of a single private investor over a 24 month period
- Acquisition, development and subsequent plot sales on numerous development sites across the South East